25 September 2009

In the beginning ...


One of the things I enjoyed most about serving as president of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (2003-05), was linking members with members and connecting people who had similar ideas, or who were working on similar projects. I called this activity my "bumble bee" function. I would learn of a new and innovative project in one part of the country and, when I found myself in another part of the country, I would say, "Do you know what they are doing in Colorado about this issue?" Just like a bumble bee cross-pollinating from flower to flower, spreading innovation, creativity and connection.

Because I discovered people who were doing great things and wanted their creativity and efforts to get recognized and diffused throughout the honor society, I would connect members with Jim Mattson, editor of
Reflections on Nursing Leadership. I've missed that "bumble bee" activity. So when I was invited to consider doing a blog, I thought to myself, this would be a chance to build on my strengths of connecting, learning, strategizing and achieving to share "reflections about my reflections," or meta-reflections.

Perhaps these meta-reflections will stimulate and inspire people to respond and link to ideas, thoughts, opinions, references, resources and each other in support of creative works. So I will give this a try and hope you find my meta-reflections of interest and value. Such interest requires an open mind, open heart and will—the subject of my next post.

For Reflections on Nursing Leadership, published by the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International.

No comments:

Post a Comment